Viaggio Images, LLC
1. Headshot Photography This type of photography focuses mainly on the person’s face (mug shots), but is different from portrait photography. The images, in this case, are plainer in nature as the client would need to use these images purely for work purposes.
2. Fashion Photography This genre is one of the most lucrative kinds. Photographs are one of the most effective ways of communication in the world of fashion. Here, photography is used to bring attention to the clothes and the accessories. Models are exclusively selected to showcase products in the best way possible. Fashion photographers today, create the particular look either in natural environment or one that is created in the studio.
3. Advertising Photography Advertising photography is all about creating the right environment to highlight the product to be advertised, in the best way possible. The photographers generally come up with ideas or visuals
4. Still Life Photography Still life photography is all about capturing objects on camera that are deliberately grouped together to create a particular composition. This form of art requires the photographer to have an excellent sense of composition and lighting. A photographer in this case, can create different textures and use objects that add interest to an otherwise normal composition.
5. Wedding Photography Wedding photography is a specialized field of this art form, which is dedicated to snapping the most memorable moments in various creative ways. A photographer can take his/her own approach towards this subject. While some prefer the traditional ‘posed’ ways, there are others who base their photographs purely on the actual moment. Photographers can also make these pictures fashionable with particular themes if agreeable with the client. There are many cases where such glamorous wedding photographs are captured especially in the studio. Today, many people are willing to explore new ideas, which opens up many new, creative avenues for experts in wedding photography.
6. Fine Art Photography Fine art photography is all about visuals that resemble a work of art. These are highly creative images that have an abstract appeal. Therefore, these photographs can be equivalent to an artist’s expression on canvas. This genre of photography is not restricted for commercial purposes, but could be used for creative pursuits as well. A fine art photographer should have the ability to look beyond the obvious settings.
7. Nature Photography Nature photographers are very much sought after by media houses. Works of these creative geniuses can be seen in magazines like ‘National Geographic’.
Nature photography encompasses various other types of photography, such as:
Landscape Photography: These photographs mainly highlight the natural beauty of any place. It includes areas of wilderness, deserts, mountains, or even waterfalls.
Wildlife Photography: Photographers that specialize in wildlife photography spend many hours in the wilderness to capture some of the most amazing shots of animals against a natural backdrop. A photographer in this case, would need to be an ardent animal lover and know his way around in the wild.
Seascape Photography: Capturing nature in her many moods would be interesting for all lovers of the environment. A photographer who is dedicated to seascape photography should always lie in wait for the beauty of the sea to unfold. Here, the concentration is mainly on capturing various moods of the ocean, at different times of the day, or even in different seasons!
Cloudscape Photography: This style of photography is completely dedicated to capturing various images of cloud formations. Black and white photography in particular can be creatively used for this branch of photography.
8. Travel Photography Travel photography involves capturing images of a particular landscape or even people from different countries. A photographer captures various traditions and customs of different places.
9. Architectural Photography Architectural photography, as the name suggests, is all about capturing images of different styles of architecture in different lights. This type of photography would require the photographer to be an expert in the technical as well as the visual department.
10. Portrait Photography Portrait photography is all about capturing the mood of a person, with an emphasis on the face and expression of a person. This style of photography need not only be about professional models, it can encompass any kind of a person. Family portrait photographs are quite popular today. There are many creative ways a photographer can use to make a portrait photograph look stunning!
11. Photojournalism Photojournalism is all about telling a story about a particular event or incident through a single photograph. This genre of photography is used mainly by publications to represent the latest news. In this case, the photographer’s visuals and the writer’s story should complement each other. For example, if a writer is making a specific mention of a particular location in the story, the photographer can find innovative ways to capture the same on camera.
Photojournalism can be further classified into:
Documentary Photography: Here, the photographer has to present an image that best represents the incident being spoken of, in true form. In this case, press photographers usually submit their images to the concerned publication. However, recently, press photographers from all over the world have started displaying their works at exhibitions as well.
Street Photography: This is all about capturing candid images of public places or even people in their natural element. A photographer, in this case, requires the skill to mingle with people and capture the best frames, without being conscious of people around. Henri Cartier-Bresson used the technique of wrapping the camera inside his handkerchief. Of course, one also has to consider the legal issues, as there are many places where this type of photography is prohibited for security reasons.
Sports Photography: This genre of photography is dedicated completely to capturing the best images in action, for any kind of sport. A photographer, in this case, should have the knack to capture stunning images on camera with great speed. There are many photographers who have dedicated themselves completely to this segment. These photographs are mainly used by publishing houses and other branches of media.